Health Care Directives Workshop
Do you have a group of people who need basic information about planning for future health care decisions? Then the Health Care Directive Workshop is for you!
University of Minnesota Extension Educators can deliver this workshop to your group. Whether you are an employer, human resources director, clinic administrator, community organization leader, church director, or other community leader, we can help your participants start to think about and act towards creating a health care directive.
About the Workshop
This one-hour workshop will help participants learn the basics about planning for future health care decisions by creating a health care directive. Through this workshop and the related materials they will receive as part of this training, participants will learn:
- Decision making rights in times of incapacity.
- Key terms and language involved in advance care planning.
- The difference between a “living will” and a “health care directive.”
- Information other individuals need to know when someone can’t communicate for themselves.
- Minnesota health care directive policies and practices.
- How to complete a suggested “Health Care Directive” form.
- Common myths and facts about health care directives.
- Strategies for starting conversations about end-of-life issues.
After participating in the workshop, participants are expected to take one or more of the following actions:
- Talk with family and health care providers about incapacity and advance care planning.
- Choose and name appropriate health care agent(s).
- Identify and leave instructions and preferences for health care decisions.
- Complete a suggested Minnesota health care directive form.
- Review and up-date existing plans, decisions, and written documents.
- Talk with aging parents and other family members to understand their wishes and preferences.
This workshop can be customized for your group and can be delivered in-person or online.
Schedule a Workshop Today!
For more information about this workshop or to schedule the Health Care Directives Workshop for your group, Contact Us.
You may also be interested in our other customizable personal finance workshops:
You may also be interested in our online learning opportunities: