Current and Future Parents Forever™ Research Projects
In an effort to gather more rigorous evidence demonstrating the effectiveness of Parents Forever™, several studies are currently being conducted:
- St. Cloud in-person study: The Parents Forever™ team is collecting pre-, post-, and 3-month follow-up data on parents attending the 8-hour version of an in-person program in Minnesota. Data collection will continue throughout 2016.
- 4-hour in-person study: Pre-survey, post-survey and 3-month follow-up data is being collected on the 4-hour version of the in-person program taught in North Dakota and Wisconsin. Data collection ended August 2016.
- Comparison control sample: Data is being collected from a sample of parents who live in areas where divorce education is not mandated. The purpose of this study is to enable comparison of those who receive no divorce education with participants in the different versions of the Parents Forever™ program. Data collection was completed in September 2016.
- 8-hour online study: The Parents Forever™ team plans to launch a rigorous evaluation of its online course in 2017.
- SGM (Same-Sex Gender Minority) adaptation and pilot: In an effort to reflect the diversity of families who can benefit from Parents Forever™, interviews are being conducted with same-sex or transgender parents who went through a divorce and change in custody, as well as with professionals who work with these families. The data collected through this study will lead to an adaptation of the Parents Forever™ curriculum to make it more inclusive and helpful to all family formations. Data collection will be completed in 2016. Adaptation and piloting will occur in 2017.
- Ongoing evaluation: As standard practice, all participants in both the in-person and online courses are asked to complete evaluations about their knowledge gain, their intention for behavior change, and their experience of the curriculum.
Completed Parents Forever™ Research Projects — Browse the list of research we have conducted since 2005.
What Is the Parents Forever™ Theory of Change? — Understand the logic model on which the Parents Forever™ courses are built.