Does Parents Forever™ Work?
Parents, judges, and professionals have all found Parents Forever™ to be helpful in supporting families going through divorce and separation. See What Does the Research Say? to learn more about the research conducted on Parents Forever™.
Parents Forever™ is Parent Approved
Parents who took the course in 2013 said:
- “I feel so proud that MN offers this course. I found it extremely well-done and thorough. I wish all states provided this as an option.” — Online course participant
- “This course has taught me new ways of dealing with conflict and reminded me my son is the IMPORTANT factor, and to always remember that.” — Online course participant
- “Good class. I wish it would have been required — no matter what — at the beginning of the divorce.” — In-person course participant
Parents Forever™ is Court Approved
Judges have noticed Parents Forever™ making a difference. Honorable Bruce W. Christopherson, district court justice in Minnesota's Eighth Judicial District, said,“Although I sparingly cast support for programs, I enthusiastically strike the gong for Parents Forever™.”
As a result of the program, Judge Christopherson has observed:
- More disputes settled voluntarily.
- Less child distress.
- Less cost in time and money to the legal system and to divorcing parents.
- A greater likelihood of settling future disagreements.
Parents Forever™ was listed by the Association of Family and Conciliation Courts in their publication, Exemplary Family Court Programs and Practices (May 2005).
Parents Forever™ is Approved by Facilitators
Facilitators who teach Parents Forever™ shared:
- “I think it’s a wonderful program and it’s very valuable...We get really good evaluations and that tells me that this program is working for people who are attending.”
- “Every session I have had people at the end say, ‘I’m glad you do these classes,’ or ‘Boy, I wish I knew some of this at the beginning of the process.’”
- “Every session that we have been able to run there are parents who have those ‘Ah-hah’ moments where they just get it and are so humbled by the information they received. They didn’t realize they were doing it wrong or not doing it well: ‘Oh my gosh, I’ve been putting my needs before my child’s needs’ and they get that.”
About the Program — Learn more about Parents Forever™.
What Does the Research Say? — Learn more about what research has to say about divorce and children, and the Parents Forever™ program.
Parents Forever™ Keeps Kids First After Divorce — Extension Source article about the Parents Forever™ program.
Helping Parents Deal with the Stress of Divorce — Two-part radio interview for Access Minnesota, with Parents Forever™ Extension Educator Ellie McCann.