Planning Ahead for Retirement
This 80-page guide is loaded with easy-to-understand information and activities to help you plan the retirement you want. It will help you:
- Estimate the income you will need in retirement.
- Understand financial products related to retirement.
- Make wise investment choices by outlining advantages and disadvantages of many saving and investment products.
- Decide whether or not you need a financial planner and how to hire one.
- Understand how Medicare, health insurance, and life insurance can protect you against risks.
Download the complete publication: Planning Ahead for Retirement (9.4 MB PDF)
- Chapter 1: More than Money Decisions
- Chapter 2: Will You Be Able to Afford the Life You Want?
- Chapter 3: Developing Income Sources
- Chapter 4: Saving and Investment Options
- Chapter 5: Should You Hire a Financial Planner?
- Chapter 6: Protecting Against Risks With Health and Life Insurance
- References and Resources
This guide was developed in 2009 and revised May 2013 by Sharon M. Danes, Extension specialist and associate professor for family social science.