Very Berry Crisp
Capture the sweetness of the summer in this delicious berry crisp. Can be made with frozen or fresh berries, whatever you have available.
Number of Servings: 8
Serving Size: 1/8 of prepared recipe
2 12-ounce packages frozen mixed berries
1 tablespoon flour
3/4 cup flour
3/4 cup rolled oats
3 tablespoons margarine
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup nuts, chopped
Time needed: 10 minutes preparation; 30 minutes cook time
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Put berries and one tablespoon flour into a bowl. Mix gently.
- Pour mixture into a 9” x 9” baking pan.
- In a different bowl, mix together rolled oats, the rest of the flour, margarine, oil, brown sugar and chopped nuts. Use your hands (or a pastry blender or knife) to mix in the margarine. The mixture will feel like crumbs.
- Sprinkle the topping mixture over berries.
- Bake in oven for 30 minutes.
- Serve warm.
- Refrigerate leftovers when you finish eating.
|Total Fat:||11.8 g|
|Saturated Fat:||1.4 g|
|Total Carbohydrate:||40.4 g|
|Dietary Fiber:||5.7 g|
|Total Sugar:||21 g|
Allergens: Nuts (if using)
Tips and Variations
You can substitute any fresh or frozen fruit for this recipe. If you are using fresh fruit, you may need to adjust the cook time as some fruits will take longer to cook.
Serve the crisp with non-dairy topping, low-fat whipped cream, or low-fat ice cream for an indulgent treat.
Serve leftover fruit crisp for breakfast to turn a weekday morning into a special occasion.
Fruit and Cheese Kabobs — Make this healthy treat for snack or on-the-go breakfast. Your kid will love helping you create these colorful kabobs.
Granola — Bake yourself up a batch of yummy homemade granola. It's easier than you think!
Berries — Learn how to grow berries in your home garden and keep them pest-free.