Baked potato circles
Slice some potatoes and bake with your favorite seasonings for a simple, yet delicious, side dish. Swap in any root vegetables for variety.
Number of servings: 8
Serving size: 1/8 of prepared recipe
4 medium potatoes
2 tablespoons vegetable oil or canola oil plus extra for the pan
Salt, pepper, or any other spices you enjoy
Time needed: 15 minutes preparation; 30 minutes cook time
- Heat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Spread a little bit of oil on the bottom of a cookie sheet or jelly roll pan.
- Scrub the potatoes so the skin is clean. Do not take the skin off. Cut potatoes into round pieces thinner than your little finger.
- Mix potatoes with 2 tablespoons of oil.
- Spread potato circles in one layer in pan.
- Add salt, pepper, or any other spices you enjoy.
- Bake the potatoes for 30 minutes or until potatoes are golden brown and tender. Thicker cut potatoes will need longer to bake.
- Turn potatoes at least once while baking.
|Total Fat:||3.5 g|
|Saturated Fat:||0.3 g|
|Total Carbohydrate:||12.8 g|
|Dietary Fiber:||0.9 g|
|Total Sugar:||0.4 g|
Allergens: None noted
Tips and variations
You may also substitute any of your favorite tan and white vegetables (e.g., celeriac, parsnips, rutabaga, turnips, etc.) for all or some of the potatoes. Peel the thicker skinned vegetables as needed
This is a great recipe to experiment with different prepared seasoning blends and different seasoning combinations.
Louisiana green beans — Bring some authentic Southern cooking to your dinner table with this delicious side dish. Add your favorite cajun seasoning or hot sauce for a kick.
Grilled vegetable skewers — Grill up a batch of healthy vegetable skewers. They are delicious any time of year.