Baked Pork Chops
Serve this tasty main entree at your next family meal. It makes any day feel like a special occasion!
Number of Servings: 6
Serving Size: 1/6 of prepared recipe
6 lean cut pork chops
1 egg white
1 cup skim evaporated milk
3/4 cup corn flake crumbs
1/4 cup whole grain bread crumbs, unseasoned
2 tablespoons of Mrs. Dash seasoning (garlic & herb, onion & herb, or chicken grilling blend)
Nonstick cooking spray
Time needed: 20 minutes preparation; 35 minutes cook time
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Trim all fat from chops.
- Beat egg white with milk. Place chops in milk mixture: let stand 5 minutes, turn chops once.
- Mix together crumbs and seasoning. Remove chops from milk mixture. Coat with crumb mixture.
- Spray baking pan with nonstick cooking spray. Place chops in pan: bake 20 minutes. Turn chops, Bake 15 minutes longer or until temperature reaches 145 degrees F.
- Serve. Refrigerate leftovers.
|Total Fat:||8.2 g|
|Saturated Fat:||2.9 g|
|Total Carbohydrate:||9.4 g|
|Dietary Fiber:||0.6 g|
|Total Sugar:||3.8 g|
Allergens: Dairy, wheat, soy (check cooking spray label ingredients)
Tips and Variations
Have your child mix together the cornflake and bread crumbs for you.
Instead of the corn flake and bread crumb mix, you can also try this recipe with Coating Mix for Chicken or Fish.
Serve this dish with a healthy garden salad, boiled potatoes, and skim milk for a well-rounded meal.
This recipe was developed by University of Minnesota Extension Center for Family Development staff.
Crispy Baked Chicken — Prepare this crispy chicken for your next family meal. It's a healthy alternative to fried chicken.
Baked Potato Circles — Slice some potatoes and bake with your favorite seasonings for a simple, yet delicious, side dish. Swap in any root vegetables for variety.
A Clean Kitchen Required for Food Safety— For optimum food safety, you need to keep your kitchen clean.