Financing Long Term Care:
A Resource Center for Families
No one plans to have their health change or wants to admit they might need long term care someday. The need for long term care can come at any time, and at any age. The Financing Long Term Care resource center will help you:
- Improve your knowledge about the family financial issue of long term care.
- Help take action before a crisis strikes your family.
- Plan ahead to make more informed decisions.
What is Long Term Care?
The term "long term care" can mean different things to different people. While developing this resource center, we defined long term care as the:
- People and resources that help individuals complete daily activities and remain independent.
- Settings — in home, community, skilled nursing facility, etc. — in which long term care services are provided.
- Services, including personal, social, and medical, that help meet long term care needs.
As part of the Extension Center for Family Development, we understand that long term care financial decisions are about more than money. We are not selling financial or long term care products or services. We offer unbiased, research-based information for educational purposes to help you plan ahead, know your options, and make the decisions that are best for you and your family.
Click on a topic below to get started.
Planning ahead before a crisis can help to protect you and your family against costly long term care.
See if you are prepared to face the risk of needing long term care and learn what the costs can mean for your financial security.
Discover alternatives for financing long term care and how to decide which options might be for you and your family.