Critical Conversations About Financing Long Term Care Workshop
Do you have a group of people who are starting to look at how they will finance their long term care needs? Then the Critical Conversations About Financing Long Term Care Workshop is for you!
University of Minnesota Extension Educators can deliver this workshop to your group. Whether you are an employer, human resources director, clinic administrator, community organization leader, church director, or other community leader, we can help your participants start to think about and act towards financial security in their later life.
About the Workshop
This one-hour workshop will help participants learn the factors that affect financing long term care. Through this workshop and the related materials they will receive as part of this training, participants will learn:
- Why long term care is a risk facing all age groups.
- The benefits of taking action now, before a crisis occurs.
- About the many forms of long term care besides nursing homes.
- Who is most at risk of needing long term care.
- The true costs of various long term care options
- About a range of potential private and public financing alternatives.
- Myths and facts about long term care as a risk, the associated costs, and financing alternatives.
- About trustworthy resources to make informed decisions.
After participating in the workshop, participants are expected to take one or more of the following actions:
- Identify their risk of needing long term care now and in the future.
- Tailor risk management strategies for long term care to fit their financial goals.
- Examine their ability to self-insure as a risk protection option.
- Determine if long term care insurance is appropriate for themselves or for other family members.
- Identify and discuss later life financial goals with family members.
- Discuss long term care financial issues with aging parents.
This workshop can be customized for your group and can be delivered in-person or online.
Schedule a Workshop Today!
For more information about this workshop or to schedule the Critical Conversations About Financing Long Term Care Workshop for your group, Contact Us.
You may also be interested in our other customizable personal finance workshops:
You may also be interested in our online learning opportunities: