Systems Approaches for Healthy Communities is a web-based, professional development program that promotes the integration of policy, systems, and environmental (PSE) interventions with educational strategies. This program:
- Is intended for organizations whose work focuses on health promotion.
- Helps staff teams understand and act on factors that influence whether individuals can easily make healthy choices.
- Was piloted in Minnesota in 2015, peer reviewed in 2016, and piloted with Michigan State University Extension and Iowa Department of Public Health in 2017.
- Basic terminology and examples of systems-thinking including the Social-Ecological Model, Spectrum of Prevention, and PSE concepts.
- Skills to expand their own programs across multiple levels to impact policies, systems, and environments.
- Strategies and tools for strengthening engagement, communicating with partners, and understanding community context.
For more details on the program content, including learning objectives, download the Program Summary (PDF).
The cost for an organization to provide this program to their staff is $4,000. This includes up to 200 participants from your organization. Do you have a smaller team? Contact us to discuss how we can customize this program to your budget and needs.
If your organization has purchased the program, you can gain access to the online course site by completing the Participant Registration process.