SNAP Education (SNAP-Ed)
English | español
Governor Mark Dayton has proclaimed January as Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program Education and Outreach Month. Read the announcement and share it with your networks: January is SNAP Education and Outreach Month.
University of Minnesota Extension's Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program Education (SNAP-Ed) makes the healthy choice the easy choice for Minnesotans with limited financial resources. More about SNAP-Ed at Extension: Partners for Healthful Living (237 K PDF).
- Want to host a class? Use the map below to contact the regional coordinator in your area.
- Want to attend a class? Use the map below to contact the regional coordinator in your area. Classes are free for those who meet income guidelines.
- Are you an older adult? Connect with others through Eat Smart, Live Strong (use the map below to contact the regional coordinator in your area) and get tips on healthy aging on our For Older Adults page.
- Want healthy eating and active living tools? Browse the Live Healthy, Live Well website.
- Want help shopping at the farmers markets on a budget? Visit the Farmers Market page for tips and recipes.
Where to Find Us
We teach throughout Minnesota and partner with other organizations to provide the following:
- Group sessions in your neighborhood grocery store, food shelf, WIC clinic, or Head Start
- Cooking Matters® Minnesota courses
Click on the "teardrop" closest to your location on the map below to contact the SNAP-Ed staff in your area.
What Our Participants Are Saying
Everyone can find something to like about SNAP-Ed. Here’s what some of our participants have to say.
Expanded Food and Nutrition Education Program (EFNEP) — Teaching limited resource families in the Twin Cities to eat smarter and move more.
Other Recommended Resources
Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) and Food Assistance Programs — Minnesota Department of Human Services — Learn how to apply for food assistance and other food support.
Searchable Food Help Map — Hunger Solutions Minnesota — Find a food shelf, Meals on Wheels, Summer Food Service Program, food support office, or WIC program near you.
Women, Infants, & Children (WIC) Program — Minnesota Department of Health — Supplemental food program for pregnant women, infants and children. Find an office near you: English | español | Lus Hmoob | Soomaali