Healthy & Fit on the Go
These easy-to-use tip sheets will help keep you and your family healthy and fit when you're on the go. They can also be used as part of a worksite wellness program or by health educators.
- Eating on the Road (307 K PDF) — Keep your good habits by making good food choices while traveling or eating away from home.
- How to Choose Fast Food (251 K PDF) — Learn how to fit fast food into a healthy diet. Includes information on sodium.
- Planning Meals on the Go (336 K PDF) — Think ahead with our list of take-along foods.
- Portion Power (368 K PDF) — Restaurant portions and place settings can lead to overeating; work on new healthy habits today!
- Simply Snacks (362 K PDF) — Look no further for quick and healthy snack ideas to take on the go.
- Better Beverages (320 K PDF) — You need at least 6-8 glasses of fluid each day, but not all beverages are created equal.
- Dietary Guidelines (389 K PDF) — Foods to eat more of and foods to eat less of to reduce and prevent overweight and obesity.
- Physical Activity: How Much Do You Need? (317 K PDF) — A handy reference for how much and what kind of physical activity to get every week.
- In the Car Exercises (299 K PDF) — Simple exercises that can be done in the car, air, or anywhere.
- Pedometers (300 K PDF) — A pedometer is an easy way to motivate and measure your progress toward your physical activity goals.
- Strength Training (313 K PDF) — How to achieve increased muscle fitness and bone strength safely and effectively.
- Resistance Bands (298 K PDF) — Use resistance bands to keep your muscles in shape.
- Balance (194 K PDF) — Good balance is essential for safely performing daily activities and avoiding injury.
- Balance Balls (313 K PDF) — Tips for selecting the right size ball and exercise suggestions to improve your core strengthening and balance.
- Ergonomics and Back Health (322 K PDF) — Learn how to set up your workplace and your work day to support your comfort and safety.
- Goal-Setting (319 K PDF) — A step-by-step process for setting realistic goals. Includes a Goals Worksheet.
- Healthy Decision-Making (321 K PDF) — Ideas for changing your environment to help change your habits.
- Stress Relief (321 K PDF) — Techniques to manage stress and warning signs for when you might need more help.
- Basic Yoga (415 K PDF) — Practice yoga in your chair for relaxation of your mind and body.
- Nearly Free Family Fun (304 K PDF) — It doesn’t have to cost a lot to stay active and have fun together as a family.
Healthy Eating — Support your health at every stage of life with the foods you eat.
Active Living — Keep your body moving daily in big and small ways to maintain or improve your health.