Extension > Family > Disaster Recovery > Moving Towards Recovery > Helping Families Recover After Disaster > Helping Families Recover Financially After Disaster : A Webinar Series for Helping Professionals
Helping Families Recover Financially After Disaster: A Webinar Series for Helping Professionals
Natural disasters wreak havoc on families in more ways than one. It takes time for survivors to recover emotionally and financially. This webinar series will help professionals assist individuals and families with disaster financial recovery including:
- Becoming familiar with the Recovery After Disaster: The Family Financial Toolkit
- Identifying key strategies and resources to help with financial recovery
- Determining family financial picture
- Guiding families as they make financial decisions
These webinars were originally presented in UMConnect and are now available on YouTube. Each topic is linked to the recorded presentation.
|November 26, 2013||2:00 – 3:00 p.m.||What Do I Do Now? Documenting, Coping and Caring|
|December 17, 2013||2:00 – 3:00 p.m.||Where to Start? Moving Towards Recovery|
|January 14, 2014||2:00 – 3:00 p.m.||Where Am I Financially? Taking a Financial Snapshot|
|February 18, 2014||2:00 – 3:00 p.m.||Where Will I Live? Making Housing Decisions|
|March 18, 2014||2:00 – 3:00 p.m.||What Will Life Look Like? Creating the New Reality|
See the complete toolkit:
Individual Toolkit Units
- Unit 1: How do I use this toolkit?
- Unit 2: What are key strategies for financial recovery?
- Unit 3: What tools do I need to implement key strategies?
- Unit 4: Where do I start?
- Unit 5: Where am I financially?
- Unit 6: Where will I live if I’m a homeowner?
- Unit 7: Where will I live if I’m a renter?
- Unit 8: The New Normal
- Unit 9: Disaster Recovery Resources for Families