Disaster Recovery Resource Fairs
If you want to assist disaster victims on the road to recovery, it's important to understand the multiple challenges facing disaster victims. Understanding will help you reduce barriers and improve access to assistance programs.
A Disaster Recovery Resource Fair is a local, one-stop shop for disaster victims to access multiple assistance programs at one location. Hold a Disaster Recovery Resource Fair to reduce the many barriers people may encounter as they try to access disaster assistance programs and services.
Disaster Recovery Resource Fair Resources
The following materials will help you and the affected community set up your own Disaster Recovery Resource Fair.
Disaster Recovery Resource Fair: A Strategy to Provide Access and Reduce Barriers to Disaster Program Assistance (225 K PDF) — Reviews how to organize and implement a fair and considerations for during and after a fair.
- Sample Guide (142 K PDF) — This is a sample of the actual guide that was used for the fairs that were held in our 2007 pilot; the guide lists all partners involved in the fair and the resources that are available to disaster victims.
- Sample Flyer (266 K PDF) — Shows the type of information that should be advertised regarding a Disaster Recovery Resource Fair.
- Sample News Release (102 K PDF) — Sample news release that could be adapted for your fair.
- Sample Public Service Announcement (85 K PDF) — 30 second and 60 second PSA that could be adapted for your Disaster Recovery Resource Fair.
- Sample Site Map (1.9 MB PDF) — Illustrates how you could physically organize your fair as well as where to place key volunteers.
- Sample Intake Form (112 K PDF) — Registration form for distribution from the greeter's table.
Financial Capability — Empowers families to make wise decisions about money and other financial resources.
Extreme Weather — How to manage in a drought, prepare for and recover from floods, and more.