Extension > Family > Children, Youth & Family Consortium > Our Programs > Child Welfare and Education Learning Community (CWELC) > Building Collaborations Across Child Welfare and Education Systems
Building Collaborations Across Child Welfare and Education Systems
How do we connect child welfare and education professionals who work with the same children in different environments? CYFC led the Minnesota contingent of practitioners and policymakers to find strategies for collaboration, data sharing, and systems changes for social services.
Statewide Focus Group
“Creative solutions” and “Data, data, data” — these are two of the four key messages the Minnesota team uncovered during a statewide focus group study in 2014 with social service and education professionals on collaboration across child welfare and education systems.
- Download the full report: Building Collaboration Across Minnesota Child Welfare and Education Systems (2.3 MB PDF)
- Download the two-page infographic of the statewide focus group study: Bridging Child Welfare and Education Systems (7.5 MB PDF)
“Communication is key to collaboration.” This comment and others came from the online survey that the Minnesota team conducted March 2014 about how Minnesota professionals collaborate across child welfare and education systems. Find out more about the factors that are important for successful collaboration.
- Download the full report: Collaboration Across Minnesota Child Welfare and Education Systems: Online Survey Results (1.2 MB PDF)
- Watch the video: Playing By House Rules (12:13)
Minnesota CWELC Team Members
- Patricia Burger — District Program Facilitator at Minneapolis Public Schools
- Sara Langworthy — Extension Educator, Children Youth and Family Consortium
- Anita Larson — Data Policy Manager of the Early Childhood Longitudinal Data System project in Early Learning Services at the Minnesota Department of Education
- Donna Nelson — Senior Social Worker at Hennepin County with the County/School Shared Social Work Project
- Lauren Robertson — Technical Consultant for the Children, Youth and Family Consortium
- Jessica Cintorino (Former Member) — Program Consultant at the Minnesota Department of Human Services
Child Welfare Resource Library — Center for Advanced Studies in Child Welfare, University of Minnesota — Online training modules, publications, videos and documents from past events, and resources related to current and former research and outreach projects.
Child Welfare and Foster Care Research Publications — Chapin Hall, University of Chicago — Issue briefs, reports, articles, and more.