Summer 2014 Train-the-Trainer
Click on locations for more details.
We are offering seven free training sessions in greater Minnesota this summer.
Who Should Attend This Training?
This free training for Cooking Matters® at the Store facilitators is intended for community partners and agency staff that work with low-income adults and would like to be able to offer this service. The person(s) attending should be the person who will lead Cooking Matters® at the Store tours in your area or for your agency. During this train-the-trainer session you will learn:
- Procedures for working with Extension to obtain tour materials
- Step-by-step of how to prepare for and run a tour at the store
- Review of the tour facilitator talking points
- Tips for presenting key tour objectives
- How to incorporate the Shopping Challenge (administered immediately following the tour)
- Protocol for administering surveys
- Process for reporting back to Extension
We will visit an area grocery store for a mock tour (location to be provided on the day of the class).
What Materials Are Provided to Attendees?
- Marketing materials that describe Cooking Matters® at the Store
- Templates to assist with recruiting participants
- Facilitator’s guide (tour talking points)
- Tour Starts Here sign
- Whole grain model
- $50 in tour incentives to cover the cost of the $10 challenge for five participants before July 31, 2014
Is There a Fee for This Training?
There is no fee to attend this training. We do ask you to commit to lead at least five participants on a tour before the end of July. Space is limited to 15 attendees per training session and we will only hold the training if at least five people are registered to attend.
How Do I Register for This Training in My Area?
To register, contact CeAnn Klug at firstname.lastname@example.org or 651-704-2074. Training will be held at the local YMCA in each of the following locations (except Bemidji — location TBD). Additional details provided upon registration.
|June 23||June 24||June 25||June 26||June 30||July 1||July 2|
Locally sponsored by Minnesota Alliance of YMCAs