About Family Development
University of Minnesota Extension's Center for Family Development helps families make informed decisions leading to better health and well being.
What We Do
Our staff strengthens and empowers Minnesota families by working directly with families and the professionals that serve them. We draw on the knowledge and resources of the University of Minnesota to help families reach their full potential. Given our connections throughout every county in Minnesota, we are uniquely qualified to help deliver organizations’ programs and reach families where they live, work, and play.
How We Do It
- Delivering trustworthy, relevant, and research-based education
- Working closely with communities and organizations to build the strengths of individuals and families of all types and backgrounds
- Capitalizing on University research and faculty
- Building a faculty and staff team
- Showing key stakeholders the value of our work
- Securing resources to sustain and grow programs
The Center, through its nimbleness, innovation, and relevance, teaches families and those who serve families to make informed decisions leading to greater health, resilience and well-being. As a result of our programs, Minnesota families — no matter their makeup, structure, or place in life — possess the knowledge and skills to create resilient, healthy, and secure futures.
Family Development Research — See more of our applied research and program evaluation projects.
Family Development Online Courses — Find an online course for yourself or the clients you serve today.
Extension Center for Family Development Brochure (3.2 MB PDF) — Learn more about our work.
Who We Are (322 K PDF) — Download this handout about our promise to Minnesota families and how we accomplish our mission.