Thank you for your interest in educational opportunities
with University of Minnesota Extension. Please follow the
directions below to access the course. These instructions assume that you have
paid for a course and have received a
"Course Token" for that course.
Please Note: Each person who has a token will need to create his or her own
Guest account by following the instructions below. This requires
each individual to have a unique email address.
If you do not currently have an email address, we recommend that
you go to one of the free email
providers, such as yahoo.com or gmail.com and sign up
for one to use for this course registration. If you have multiple people
taking a course, they will each need to use their own email address to set
up their course registration.
- Access the course home page at http://www.extension.umn.edu/elms. If you are
already on the First Time Users page, skip to step #2.
- Click on the red login button on left-hand
side of the website. You will be brought to the University of
Minnesota internet Login page. You will need to create a new
guest account the first time through. Do this by clicking the gray
button that says, "Create a new guest account" just below the
InternetID and password box. Follow the instructions on this
page. Make sure to write down your
Click "follow this link" to complete the login
- Once you've logged in, you will be asked for your
User Information. Enter it here, then click "Submit My
- On the page that appears, click the
"Enter Course Token" link on the
- Enter your course token and click "Submit." You should
receive a message indicating that you are registered in your
- Click on "My ELMS Courses" Link on the
left-hand menu. A link to your course will appear on this
- Click on
your course to begin.
You should now have access to your course. To return to your
course in the future, follow these three easy steps:
- Step #1 - go to the course home page.
- Step #2 - log in using the InternetID and
password you created above.
- Step #7 - click on your course.