Ways to Give
There are many ways to give to University of Minnesota Extension that also contribute to your own personal and financial goals.
Four ways to make an immediate impact
- Make a gift now using your credit card on the University of Minnesota Foundation's secure giving site
- Send a check payable to the University of Minnesota Foundation. (Designate: Extension or specific program within Extension)
University of Minnesota Foundation
P.O. Box 70870
Saint Paul, MN 55170-3854
- Call the University of Minnesota Foundation credit card hotline at (612) 626-8560 or (800) 775-2187 and leave your full name and phone number, the type of credit card, card number, expiration date, and amount of your gift. Mention that your gift should be designated for University of Minnesota Extension.
- Make a gift to the Minnesota 4-H Foundation online by choosing to give now.
The Extension Opportunity Fund (our annual fund) provides critical support that allows Extension to address urgent needs and take advantage of unique opportunities as they arise. The Annual Fund provides the flexibility to support innovative new programs while sustaining our day-to-day operations.
You may also make a recurring (sustaining) gift by completing a simple form (PDF).
Memorial and tribute gifts
Memorial and Tribute gifts allow you to honor and remember family, friends and colleagues in a unique way while generously supporting programming in Extension. Email email@example.com to explore gift opportunities.
Corporate and foundation giving
Extension works closely with corporations and foundations to match their interests with the needs of Extension. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to explore gift opportunities.
You or your spouse may work for a corporation that matches charitable contributions. Use the matching gifts search engine to see if your company matches gifts to the University of Minnesota.
The University of Minnesota Foundation has information on many of the planned, deferred and estate gift options for supporting University of Minnesota Extension.
- Charitable Gift Annuities and Charitable Remainder Trust
Make a gift and generate income for yourself and your family.
- Charitable lead trusts
Support Extension now and still leave assets to your heirs.
Make a gift in your will.
- Life insurance
Use a life insurance policy to make a future gift.
- Planning tools
Publications and assistance for donors and professional advisors.
- Letter of intent
Let us know if you have already provided for Extension in your estate plan.
Faculty & staff giving
Every day, University and Extension employees see firsthand how gifts are put to use. Faculty and staff giving creates opportunities for Extension teaching and learning, research, and outreach. You can also make a gift through payroll deduction (PDF).
Discuss giving options
Thank you for considering a gift to University of Minnesota Extension. You join an extraordinary group of Extension friends. We are here to help you choose a way of giving that will meet your personal and financial goals. Please call Extension's development office at (612) 624-7971.
Extension Development Office
and 4-H Foundation
9 Coffey Hall
1420 Eckles Ave
St. Paul, MN 55108