Planning Ahead for Retirement
Copyright © 2009 Regents of the University of Minnesota. All rights reserved.
This is a Web Sampler. Information about the complete publication and how to order it is available here.
- Introduction (377 K PDF)
- Chapter 1: More than Money Decisions
- Chapter 2: Will You Be Able to Afford the Life You Want?
- Chapter 3: Developing Income Sources
- Chapter 4: Saving and Investment Options
- Chapter 5: Should You Hire a Financial Planner? (1.4 MB PDF)
- Chapter 6: Protecting Against Risks With Health and Life Insurance
- References and Resources
This 80-page guide is loaded with easy-to-understand information and activities to help you plan the retirement you want. It will help you:
- Estimate the income you will need in retirement.
- Understand financial products related to retirement.
- Make wise investment choices by outlining advantages and disadvantages of many saving and investment products.
- Decide whether or not you need a financial planner and how to hire one.
- Understand how Medicare, health insurance and life insurance can protect you against risks.