Adjusting to Suddenly Reduced Income
Copyright © 2011 Regents of the University of Minnesota. All rights reserved.
This is a Web Sampler. Information about the complete publication and how to order it is available here.
This publication helps people who have sudden income loss by taking into account both the emotional and financial aspects. Through explanation, information, and four worksheets, this publication guides people through the processes of emotional reactions, spending patterns, rethinking goals, and managing conflict should you be adjusting to the loss together with a partner. For anyone experiencing financial loss.
Table of Contents
- Stage 1 - Shock and Denial
- Stage 2 - Anger
- Stage 3 - Depression and Detachment
- Stage 4 - Dialog and Bargaining
- Stage 5 - Acceptance
- Getting Back to “Normal”
- Worksheet 1: Monthly Spending Plan
- Worksheet 2: Reassessing Targets for Your Money, Time, and Energy as a Result of the Income Loss
- Worksheet 3: Goals
- Worksheet 4: Conflict Management