Koochiching County Links to Additional Resources
- Experiencing Tough Times Now
It is hard to focus on getting future needs met when all of your energy is going towards keeping your family safe and fed. These resources are here to help.
- Getting through Tough Times Fact sheet series on getting help, making financial decisions with less, dealing with stress, talking to children about tough times, and more.
- Dealing with Stress Stress can affect every part of your life — if you let it! These resources are here to help.
- Adjusting to Suddenly Reduced Income Taking into account both the emotional and financial aspects of sudden income loss.
- Simply Good Eating is University of Minnesota Extension’s nutrition education program. We draw on evidence-based strategies and best practices to promote healthy lifestyles for people with limited incomes. Simply Good Eating brings real solutions for healthful living that families can use right away.
- Master Gardeners are from all walks of life and volunteer on behalf of their university. They are eager to share best practices in gardening with people in their community that promote healthy landscapes, healthy foods, and healthy lives. They have completed a university-taught core course and contributed a certain number of hours to teaching research-based horticulture practices in their communities.
- Honey Bees Our goals are to protect the health of bee pollinators and to promote sustainable beekeeping practices. We research honey bee behavioral ecology and disease resistance, and take pride in translating our results directly to students, beekeepers and the public.
- mn.4honline.com is the link for online enrollment (and re-enrollment) available to new and returning Minnesota 4-H families.