Crow Wing County Information
Welcome to Crow Wing CountyLocated in the heart of Minnesota, our lakes area offers great year-round activities!
Over 50,000 people call Crow Wing County their home, and the population doubles during the summer tourist season. Fishing and water sports are popular activities on the 465+ lakes that dot the landscape. You can golf more than 450 holes, including several championship courses created by the game's top designers, including Arnold Palmer and Robert Trent Jones, Jr.
Horseback riding, canoeing, snowmobiling, biking and downhill skiing can't be beat in the lakes area. During your visit you can stay at one of over 130 lodging choices - including bed and breakfasts, historic inns, motels, resorts, campgrounds and private homes.
About one family a day is moving into the Brainerd lakes area. They are attracted by our outstanding natural attributes, high quality of life, education, recreation, transportation, shopping, healthcare and faith communities.
There are approximately 3,500 businesses in the lakes area. Advances in technology allow many professionals to live in the lakes area and telecommute to their home office.
2013 CROW WING COUNTY FAIR IS July 30-August 3
Crow Wing County Extension Advisory Committee:
- Kathy Edelman, District 1 (218) 829-5609
- Brenda Myers, district 2 (218) 568-5680
- Dona McEnelly, District 3 (218) 829-9529
- Agnes Sykes, District 4, (218)829-8362
- Dick Raymond, District 5
- JR Duncan, At Large, (218)232-2799
- Paul Koering, District 1 Commissioner(218)829-0544
- Rosemary Franzen, District 4 Commissioner, (218)829-8021
- Laureen Borden, County Auditor/Treasurer, (218)824-1045
- Susanne Hinrichs, Extension Regional Director, (218)828-2286