Cass County Information Cass County is located in the beautiful lakes and woods of north central Minnesota. With an area of 2,380 square miles, Cass County is the 5th largest county in Minnesota. The total population is approximately 24,500.
The county seat is located in Walker, along beautiful Leech Lake. Towns and the surrounding rural communities provide a variety of recreational areas, tourist services and small businesses. Thousands of acres of forest lands cover the county, including the 1.7 million acre Chippewa National Forest.
Cass County is in Congressional District 8, State Senate Districts 4 and 12, and State House Districts 4B and 12B.
Agriculture ResourcesFarm Information Line: (800) 232-9077, M-F 8:30-1:30.
For other resources, see the Links page.
Home Horticulture HotlineCall (218) 547-7227 to leave a message with your gardening question. A trained volunteer Master Gardener will respond to your message.
Consumer Resource LineGot questions about cooking, canning or freezing foods? Want to know how to clean stains from clothes and homes? Household experts are available at (800) 854-1678 to answer your questions. Hours are M-F, 9-12 and 1-4.
Cass County Extension Committee
- Barb Frederick, (218) 947-3171
- Thelma Grimley, (218) 547-3018
- Jane Gunsbury, (218) 963-4976
- Mary Isakson, (218) 547-3516
- Carol Lovro, (218) 587-2483
- Doug Sandstrom, Chair, (218) 363-2376
- Susan Wake, (218) 654-3998
- Sharon Anderson, County Auditor/Treasurer, (218) 547-7295
- Bob Kangas, Commissioner, (218) 587-4453
- Jeff Peterson, Commissioner, (218) 675-6086