Results of a household survey of second homeowners in eight counties in central and west central Minnesota. Read the Report (PDF)
- All reports
Research reports are searchable by author, date, title, and topic
- Economic Impact Analysis
These reports examine the effects of economic changes in communities, regions and states.
- Retail Trade Analysis
These reports examine the strengths and weaknesses of retail sectors in communities and counties across Minnesota.
- Business Retention & Expansion (BR&E)
BR&E summary reports feature findings from community interviews with existing businesses about the local business climate. The summaries highlight the strategic actions the communities identified in their BR&E work.
- Tourism research reports
These reports examine current issues and opportunities for communities and the tourism industry in Minnesota and beyond.
Thank you to our research sponsors & collaborators
The Blandin Foundation,
Carlson Chair for Travel, Tourism and Hospitality
Center for Small Towns,
Center for Rural Policy and Development,
Center for Urban and Regional Affairs (CURA),
The EDA Center,
North Country SHIP,
Northwest Regional Sustainable Development Partnership,
Preservation Alliance of Minnesota,
University of Minnesota Extension Center for Family Development,
University of Minnesota Tourism Center,
University of Minnesota Dept. of Applied Economics,
USDA Farmers Market Promotion Grant
and numerous community and county partners throughout Minnesota.
In the News
- When visitors decide to stay
- Survey could aid push for local food
- Taking a look at the history and evolution of Minnesota's school calendar
- Keeler Conducts Local Foods Research
- Area could lose $24 million in income as print shop closes
- Study: Dodge County needs business investment
- MPR News Ground Level: Brain gain
- Ripple effect mapping makes waves in the world of evaluation
- Hard data for hard times: Economic Impact Analysis for community business loss
- Good data is good retail therapy for Minnesota's communities
- Extension, UMD research sparks community action on Duluth food desert
- Digging into the dynamics of Greater Minnesota's economy