Help Build Extension's Public Value!
You know how your Extension programs benefit your participants, but your programs also create public value when they benefit the rest of the community. Nationwide, participants in "Building Extension's Public Value" workshops have learned how their programs create public value and how to communicate this value to stakeholders whose support is crucial to Extension.
Now, you have an opportunity to learn how to conduct these workshops for Extension scholars at your own institution by participating in an online train-the-trainer program for "Building Extension's Public Value."
With your registration fee, you get:
- Four hours of instruction in how to conduct "Building Extension's Public Value" workshops from the creator of the workshops, Dr. Laura Kalambokidis, Associate Professor in the Department of Applied Economics at the University of Minnesota.
- Access to the Building Extension's Public Value Presenter's Guide, the Building Extension's Public Value Workbook, and accompanying PowerPoint™ presentation to download and print for your use in conducting workshops for University and Extension scholars at your institution.
Next Training: TBD
- Fee: $100 per participant
- Fee for a team of staff: $500 maximum total registration fee for any institution, to encourage team participation.
- The training will be conducted online, via UMConnect, and will consist of two, two-hour sessions, with all participants attending both sessions.
Prior to the beginning of the sessions, participants will receive an email notifying them of how to access and download the training materials, including the Building Extension's Public Value Presenter's Guide, the Building Extension's Public Value Workbook, and accompanying PowerPoint™ presentation.
Questions about registration? Contact our help desk at email@example.com or 800-876-8636.
Questions about program content and relevance to your work? Contact Laura Kalambokidis at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Other questions? Contact Diane McAfee at email@example.com.