Episode 13: The importance of immigrants to Minnesota's businesses
Minnesota's business community is on the front line of addressing workforce issues. This includes trying to create welcoming spaces for newcomers and tapping into underutilized workers. The community is also addressing issues at a political level.
Bill Blazar, senior vice president of public affairs and business development with the Minnesota Chamber of Commerce joins us. In this episode, we explore what is happening and how companies are supporting immigrants and immigration policy.
"There isn't a business that I visit these days that is not relying to some degree on immigrant workers. And that is workers contributing at every level of skill in the business and in every department."
- Christy Kallevig, Extension educator
University of Minnesota Extension, Center for Community Vitality
- Bill Blazar, senior vice president, public affairs and business development, Minnesota Chamber of Commerce
- Use the Community Vitality page as your go-to resource for help in your community work.
- Learn more about Minnesota's Chamber of Commerce and the resources they offer to businesses.
- Find out more about the Minnesota Business Immigration Coalition and what they are doing to support immigration policy.
Never miss a Vital Connections On Air episode. Subscribe on Apple Podcasts or via RSS to get new episodes as they become available.
Check out our podcast page for more episodes.