Skip to Main navigation Skip to Left navigation Skip to Main content Skip to Footer

University of Minnesota Extension
www.extension.umn.edu
612-624-1222

Extension > Community > Leadership > YouLead

Print Icon Email Icon Share Icon

YouLead

The YouLead: Leadership for you and your community program, formerly the U-Lead Advisory Academy (ULAA), is about inspiring leadership in individuals to transform the issues and communities they care about.

"My ULAA peers have become valuable sounding boards and resources…I now have a statewide network of people to help me explore, reflect, improve and evaluate my leadership."
—Mary Kay D., ULAA 4 participant and MARL Class IX
The four phases of the YouLead program.

YouLead runs from September 2017 to April 2018 and will be held in five Minnesota communities and in Washington, D.C. Participants expand their leadership skills through discussions, site visits, speakers, active lessons, application of learning and reflection – all built on a foundation of Core Leadership Competencies™ and positive psychology practices. There will also be opportunities to explore current leadership efforts and Extension's innovative programs and partners.

YouLead Cohort Phases

The YouLead program is a leadership development cohort created and led by expert facilitators from the UMN Extension Center for Community Vitality.

Engaging in this cohort allows you to learn from, and with, your fellow participants in an intentional extended learning experience. These crucial connections will help you strengthen your leadership confidence and knowledge.

YouLead is organized into four dynamic phases:

Register for YouLead »

• © Regents of the University of Minnesota. All rights reserved.
  • The University of Minnesota is an equal opportunity educator and employer. Privacy