Skip to Main navigation Skip to Left navigation Skip to Main content Skip to Footer

University of Minnesota Extension
www.extension.umn.edu
612-624-1222

Extension > Community > Leadership & Civic Engagement > Leadership makes a difference

Leadership makes a difference

More than 2,800 participants from Minnesota and beyond have graduated from University of Minnesota Extension's leadership and civic engagement programs. Here are a few of them, with some words about what they are up to in their communities.

Stephanie Olson
I will use my strengths to participate in a new effort to revitalize downtown Thief River Falls. - Emerging Leadership Program, 2016

Heather Corcoran
I used the skill of asking powerful questions to communicate a change in procedures that others had trouble accepting. I found I actually enjoyed the tension—and I think my questions created a better solution. - U-Lead Advisory Academy (ULAA), 2016

Ben Thompson
I will take the skills I have learned and apply them to my new position on the town board. - Emerging Leadership Program, 2016

Taryn Mortenson
I will stop saying, "I can't" or "I'm not." - Emerging Leadership Program, 2016

Tina Swanson
I will become more involved in my community. No more staying behind the scenes. - Emerging Leadership Program, 2016

Brandon Borgen
I will appreciate the strengths of my family and community. - Emerging Leadership Program, 2016

Barb Boch Laabs
I've put my discoveries to work helping three communities prepare their voting precincts for the future. - U-Lead Advisory Academy (ULAA), 2016

Anna Carlson
I am helping to find sustainable energy solutions that directly benefit our low-income friends and neighbors. - U-Lead Advisory Academy (ULAA), 2016

• © Regents of the University of Minnesota. All rights reserved.
  • The University of Minnesota is an equal opportunity educator and employer. Privacy