Skip to Main navigation Skip to Left navigation Skip to Main content Skip to Footer

University of Minnesota Extension
www.extension.umn.edu
612-624-1222

Extension > Community > Leadership & Civic Engagement > Leadership makes a difference

Leadership makes a difference

Alumni Testimonials

More than 2,800 participants from Minnesota and beyond have graduated from University of Minnesota Extension's leadership and civic engagement programs. Here are a few of them, with some words about what they are up to in their communities.

Stephanie Olson

Stephanie Olson

I will use my strengths to participate in a new effort to revitalize downtown Thief River Falls.

Emerging Leadership Program, 2016

Ben Thompson

Ben Thompson

I will take the skills I have learned and apply them to my new position on the town board.

Anna Carlson

Anna Carlson

I am helping to find sustainable energy solutions that directly benefit our low-income friends and neighbors.

U-Lead Advisory Academy (ULAA), 2016

Heather Corcoran

Heather Corcoran

I used the skill of asking powerful questions to communicate a change in procedures that others had trouble accepting. I found I actually enjoyed the tension—and I think my questions created a better solution.

Tina Swanson

Tina Swanson

I will become more involved in my community. No more staying behind the scenes.

Brandon Borgen

Brandon Borgen

I will appreciate the strengths of my family and community.

Barb Boch Laabs

Barb Boch Laabs

I've put my discoveries to work helping three communities prepare their voting precincts for the future.

Taryn Mortenson

Taryn Mortenson

I will stop saying, "I can't" or "I'm not."

• © Regents of the University of Minnesota. All rights reserved.
  • The University of Minnesota is an equal opportunity educator and employer. Privacy