BR&E Course Testimonials
The availability of an online class allowed our community BR and E stakeholders to take this class together without leaving our community. The communication from the instructors was informative and prompt. The lessons were informative and we all gained useful information for our next community BR and E survey to have great results.
— Steve Roe (Grants Pass, Oregon)
Course participants doing a BR&E visit in Fergus Falls, Minn.
Comments from 2017 participants (online course):
- "The BRE Class was highly informative and applicable to my daily work in economic development. Learning the history, theory and practice of BRE has positively impacted my effectiveness as a business developer as I engage with employers in our community."
- "The online BRE class provides an excellent platform and toolkit for undertaking a community business retention and expansion program. The online offering provides flexibility needed for busy economic development professionals."
Comments from 2016 participants (online course):
- "I think it was a great class and having the ability to take it online was an excellent option. If it hadn't been offered online, we wouldn't have had this opportunity."
- "This was my first online course, and I was pleased with the entire experience. I felt the presenters, materials, communication, and process was well done, and I could manage the time while working full time."
Comments from 2014 participants (hybrid course):
- "Both presenters were very knowledgeable and excited about BRE. Very positive and respectful."
- "Thanks for a good class. Hopefully, some of this will sink in so I can use it in 6 to 12 months when I am ready."
- "Online is always great, as well as being able to do and submit your assignments so easily. Methods that save time, yet keeps you connected so much easier."
Comments from 2013 participants (hybrid course):
- "Very worthwhile course."
- "I really liked how the online forums and discussions went, and it was a nice way to save on travel time."
- "One of the best parts of the class was being able to go out into the business community and do an actual business visitation."
- "Both [instructors] were great and worked very well together."
- "You [instructors] both did a great job and understand the process well."
An unsolicited comment from a participant in the workshop version (~2004) of the BR&E course:
- "I've used my BR&E training extensively. It was a great class and has been profitable for my company and our client communities." Fred Burkhardt, Geneva Analytics, Kettering, Ohio. April 15, 2014