Technical, Planning, and Design
- Agricultural Drainage Publication Series: Planning an Subsurface Agricultural Drainage System — University of Minnesota Extension Publication
- Drainage Design & Installation (5.8MB PDF) — University of Minnesota Extension presentation by G.R. Sands, 2009
- Pumping Plants for Subsurface (Tile) Drainage (37KB PDF) — University of Minnesota Extension handout by G.R. Sands, Reviewed 2009
- How to Run a Percolation Test — University of Minnesota Extension publication
- Tile Drainage Outlets — Ontario Ministry of Food, Agriculture & Rural Affairs
Drainage Water Management Guidelines
- Agricultural Water Table Management Systems — Ohio State University Extension Publication
- Operating Controlled Drainage and Subirrigation Systems — North Carolina Extension Publication
- Controlled Drainage Management Guidelines for Improving Drainage Water Quality — North Carolina State University Extension Publication
- Agricultural Water Management for Coastal Plain Soils — North Carolina State University Extension publication, 1996
- Drain Cut Sheet Aid (175KB XLS) — A MS-Excel spreadsheet for developing cut sheets for drainage systems. (Designed by NRCS and University of Minnesota Extension)
- Online Drainage Calculators Calculators for pipe size, area drained, flow rate calculator/converter, and drainage profitability analysis.
- Spreadsheets (ESTIMATE, SLOPE, and TILT) — Send an email request to Galehouse Drainage, Inc.
- ESTIMATE: Calculates cuts and draw a profile for given stations, elevations, and grades. Calculates required slopes for different pipe materials. Prepares an estimate using your costs.
- SLOPE: Helps determine how to increment the main/collector size for a pattern drained field with user specified lateral lengths. Determines slope needed for various main sizes as successive lateral flows are added. Also calculates required slopes for different pipe materials.
- TILT: Displays the error created in the laser system if the machine tilts to the side
Maintenance of Drainage Systems
- Maintenance of the Drainage System — Ontario Ministry of Food, Agriculture & Rural Affairs Factsheet
- Management of Drained Fields — Ontario Ministry of Food, Agriculture & Rural Affairs
- Drain Problems — Ontario Ministry of Food, Agriculture & Rural Affairs
- Identifying and Sealing Agricultural Drainage Wells University of Minnesota Extension publication