Information About Registering...
For the 2017 ONLINE Private Applicator Certification Exam
Read all instructions first to successfully register and access your online exam!
- Register only once. Registering twice causes more issues. If you have registration issues, please email our helpline at: firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include the email address that you registered with, your name, time/date you registered, amount you paid when you registered and a daytime phone number where we can reach if we need to call.
- Also see Information About Assistance or Troubleshooting.
- Use your own unique email address when registering.
- Do not use someone else's email address who also took the online exam this year or in the past.
- If you took the online test in past (such as three years ago), best to not use the same account information (ID and password). Rather click to create a new account with a new ID and password.
- If you have been previously certified and do not have your Private Pesticide Applicator certification number, get it by contacting the MDA at 651-201-6615 or email@example.com. Not including it will delay processing of your new card.
- Click Here for detailed directions on registering to take the online exam. We strongly recommend you have this step by step registration guide open as you register for the exam.
- The registration link can be found at the bottom of the main exam web page you just left.
- In the "Noncredit Course/Event Registration" page that opens, read all of the information on that page.
- Click on “Login/Create Account.”
- Next click on "Create a new guest account."
- Type in your own unique email address & create a password. Do not use someone else's email address who also took the online exam this year or in the past. Do not use an email address that may have previously interacted with the University of Minnesota (a student's U of MN email address, etc.)
- Click on continue.
- Complete the "Account Information" form filling in all required items.
- Click on continue registration.
- Complete the "Select Options" page. You must fill in your Private Pesticide Applicator certification number if you have one. Call the MDA at 651-201-6615 if you have been previously certified and do not have your certification number. Enter "00000" for your number if you have never been certified.
- Click on save.
- Leave coupon codes blank. Click on continue.
- Now you will be on the "Registration Summary" page. Click on continue.
- Enter your credit card information on the "Payment" page. Please note: this is non-refundable registration. Once fee is paid for the on-line exam, mail-in exam or a recertification workshop, it cannot be transferred. Switching from one method to another will require another payment.
- Once you complete the registration form and payment information, click on Charge My Account.
- The next screen will appear with your registration confirmation. You can print a copy of it or a registration receipt for your records.
- You will receive three different e-mails: 1) Registration Confirmation; 2) U OF M Exam purchase receipt; and 3) Your U of M Guest Account
- Keep these emails for reference. Follow the instructions in them or on the registration confirmation page to access your exam.
- Instructions for accessing the exam in MOODLE is available from a link on the "Registration Confirmation" page. Access the exam by clicking on the link and log in with the guest ID and password in the "Your University of Minnesota Guest Account" email. The you can begin taking your online exam at the Moodle site
After reviewing this information, print for reference or close this tab or window and return to the main online exam web page or click here to begin registration for the exam.