Private Online Testing
2016 Exam Deadline:
- All exam attempts (mail-in and on-line) must be completed by October 31, 2016. The online exam will shut down at midnight on October 31, 2016.
- All registrations for incomplete exams, including second and third attempts will expire on October 31, 2016. A new registration and fee payment will be required on January 1, 2017 to again take the exam.
About the Online Exam:
- Click Here for important details you need to know about completing the online exam.
- Click Here If you fail the first attempt on your exam for important details on 2nd or 3rd exam attempts.
2016 Private Pesticide Applicator Certification Fee:
- The private pesticide certification exam fee is $75.
- Credit card payment only for the online exam.
- Three attempts are allowed to pass the exam in any calendar year and do not require additional registration fees.
- An individual email account is required to register. Registration information and exam access is relayed to you through the email address you enter when you register.
- Use of Firefox web browser is required. Errors in registration and taking the exam can occur with other browsers. You can download the Firefox web browser at this site: http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/new/
Register for the Exam
Click Here for detailed directions on registering to take the online exam. We strongly recommend you have this step by step registration guide open as you register for the exam since it is a new registration system.
You must use your own email address when registering. DO NOT use someone else's email address who may also have interacted with the University of Minnesota.
After you are registered and paid, a link for the Moodle application will show on your receipt. **BE ADVISED** - We are seeing it take up to 12 hours for the system to process registrations and grant access to the 2016 PPAT exam. Please be patient and allow time for exam access.
You will also receive a confirmation e-mail regarding the exam that includes a link to the exam. Be sure to check your email's junk or spam folder as well.
Private Applicator Study Manual
- The study manual to prepare for and take the exam is the 19th edition Private Pesticide Applicator Safety Education Manual (January 2012 or reprinted 2015).
- Do not use previous editions of the manual to take the exam as both manual content and the exam have changed.
- The study manual is available online by clicking here.
- Or purchase a printed copy of the manual for $10 at your local Extension Office
For Assistance or Troubleshooting
Click Here to find out how to get help if you run into problems registering or taking or other problems.
Obtaining Your Temporary Certificate
Click Here to find out how, after you pass the exam, to obtain your temporary certificate to purchase Restricted Use Pesticides before receiving your permanent private pesticide certification card from the Minnesota Department of Agriculture.
If you pass the exam, then DO NOT retake the exam again or your private pesticide certification will not go through properly and you will not be certified.
Are You Ready to Begin?
Review all the information on this page before clicking to register and take the exam.
Click Here to register for the 2016 Private Pesticide Applicator exam.