Minnesota Private, Commercial, Non-commercial & Structural Pesticide Applicators (SPCA)
Recent new manuals:
- Category E: Turf and Ornamentals - 4th Edition., publication date June 2014 (sales start August 4, 2014)
- Category: P Vertebrate Pest Control - 1st Edition, January 2014
- Soil Fumigation - December 2012 (commercial, noncommercial and private applicators)
- Stored Grain and Fumigation - January 2013 (commercial, noncommercial, structural and private applicators)
- Category A: Core Minnesota Supplement (commercial, noncommercial and structural) - December 2012
- Category B: Aerial - 2010
- Private Pesticide Applicator Safety Education Manual - 19th Edition, January 2012
- Category H: Seed Treatment - 2011
- Category I: Antimicrobial - 1st Edition, 2010
- SPCA: Master - 2010
Click to jump down to purchasing information
NEW! August 4, 2014 start sale of new Category E: Turf and Ornamentals manual.
- The Category E:: Turf & Ornamentals study manual for Commercial and Noncommercial applicators has been rewritten and updated - new 4th Edition June, 2014
- Starting August 4, 2014 all orders received will be supplied with the new 4th edition June 2014 manual.
- Sales of the old 1997 edition manual has been discontinued.
- The Minnesota Department of Agriculture (MDA) will be switching to the new Category E: exam based on the new manual on August 25, 2014:
- Those individuals taking the E: Turf and Ornamentals exam BEFORE August 25, 2014 should study from the 1997 version of the manual.
- Those individuals taking the E: Turf and Ornamentals exam on August 25 or later should study from the new 4th Edition June, 2014 of the manual.
- Please check with MDA (tel: 651-201-6615) if you have questions about taking the Category E: Turf & Ornamentals exam or other Commercial, Noncommercial or Structural category exams.
NEW! January 3, 2014 Category P: Vertebrate Pest Control manual - replaces old Category P: Gopher manual.
- Starting in 2014 the MM Dept. of Agriculture has:
- Expanded Category P to include not only gophers, but also other landscape/outdoors (non-strucutral) vertebrate pests, such as voles, moles, birds, deer and so on.
- Removed landscape vertebrate pest control from Category E: Turf and Ornamentals.
- Everyone renewing a Category E: Turf & Ornamentals license for 2014 will be automatically licensed by the MDA in the new P: Vertebrate Pest Control category UNLESS they 'opt out' by removing Category P: Vertebrate Pest Control when applying for renewal.
- Everyone 'grand fathered' into the revamp P: Vertebrate Pest Control for 2014 through having held E: Turf & Ornamentals in 2013 must recertify in Category P (workshop or test) in 2014 to be able to renew their Category P: license for 2015.
- Individuals who held Category P: Gopher in 2013 and renew for Category P: Vertebrate Pest Control in 2014 and those holding S: Noncommercial Structural and SPCA: Structural license are not affected by the changes to Categories P and E.
- For more information see the Minnesota Department of Ag web site or contact the Minnesota Department of Ag (tel: 651-201-6615)
Stored Grain and Fumigation & Soil Fumigation: Private, Noncommercial, Commercial and Structural
- On January 1, 2013 there were many changes to Minnesota's various stored grain, soil and other types of fumigation categories and endorsements. Click here for more information.
The Category A: Core exam is based on 2 manuals:
- (A-1) The National Pesticide Applicator Certification Core Manual - 2007
- (A-2) Minnesota Supplement - 2nd Edition green cover December 2012
Private Pesticide Applicator Safety Education Manual - 19th Edition, January 2012
- For Private Pesticide Applicator Certification (farmers and other commodity producers).
- Available for:
- Check here more information about Private Pesticide Applicator Certification.
- For changes starting January 1, 2013 to Private fumigation endorsements (soil and stored grain) see the Fumigation web page.
- For Private Soil Fumigation Endorsement purchase the new Soil Fumigation manual from the U of MN Bookstore (Category O).
- For the Private Stored Grain and Fumigation Endorsement purchase the new Stored Grain and Fumigation Manual (Category N) from the U of MN Bookstore.
Sold by the U of M Bookstores
- Download a printable order form (436 K PDF) for fax, mail or phone (612-627-0108) orders (all manuals except SPCA Master). Use this order form for purchases through Dec 31, 2014.
- Order Online - with credit card (all manuals except SPCA Master)
- Click here for ordering SPCA Master Truman's Scientific Guide to Pest Management Operations (7th Edition) from Purdue University.
Manuals are generally not available for 'walk in' purchase at U of MN campus bookstores.