Watch narrated video presentations to learn the basics of manure handling systems, crop benefits and beef, dairy, poultry, swine manure.
Learn about open lot runoff and manure pit storage.
Current research about storing or composting manure before it is used as a fertilizer to reduce pathogens.
Ways to treat manure effectively using aerobic, anaerobic digestion and composting.
Research, treatment and system designs to manage milk house waste.
Create an odor management plan, identify high odor sources and control technologies.
What is manure worth? Calculate nutrient values and learn how to calibrate manure spreaders and application rates.
With the harvest season fast approaching, the application of stored manure from animal facilities on the harvested fields will soon follow. This year, pork producers need to be aware of the risk of spreading Porcine Epidemic Diarrhea (PED) through equipment used to pump and land apply manure from all farms but especially those with pigs exhibiting clinical signs of the disease. (96 K PDF)
This publication describes the results of 12 site-years of research on-farm and on-station in Southern Minnesota. The goal of the experiments was to determine the best time to apply liquid swine manure to corn to maximize crop yields and minimize nitrogen (N) losses. (258 K PDF)
- 6/23 What do we know about the value of preemergence herbicides in soybean?
- 6/21 Suspect pesticide drift? What to do and how to prevent it from occurring
- 6/21 2017 Southern Small Grain Field Days
- 6/21 The Supplemental Nitrogen Worksheet for Corn: a tool for in-season nitrogen management decisions
- 6/15 Tips for Accurate Pre-Sidedress Nitrate Tests