Mary Nell Preisler
Director, Farmer Lender Mediation
1526 170th Ave
Bejou, MN 56516
- Masters of Social Work, University of Minnesota
- B.S., Bemidji State University
- Associate in Arts, Northland Community College
Mary Nell has worked in the field of mediation as an independent mediator, in community settings, and in farmer-lender mediation, for thirty years. Her education is supplemented with a breadth of training about mediation in farm, family, and educational settings. She was instrumental in bringing the Farmer-Lender Mediation program to Minnesota, and became the program's director in 2004.
She has taught and consulted about the field of mediation in the Midwest and throughout Canada. As director of the program, Mary Nell carefully selects and trains mediators, conducts statewide outreach, assures accountability to federal funders, and assures that the step-by-step process of mediation is grounded in fair practices, confidentiality and ethical problem-solving.
Affiliations, Honors and Community Service
- Board of Directors: Mahnomen Health Center (2007), Minnesota Agriculture and Rural Leadership (2002-07), Center of Human Environment (2003-07), Northwest Regional Sustainable Partnership (2000-04)
- Awards: Minnesota Extension Service State Director's Award for Distinguished Contributions, 1986
- Community Service: Mary Nell has been an active 4-H volunteer, and has served on a variety of advisory councils supporting leadership for Extension and other community groups.