2017 Date and location
- Date & time: Wednesday, September 6, 8:30 a.m. – 2:30 p.m.
- Location: Charlie Piekarski farm, 24678 County Hwy 11, Fergus Falls, MN (map)
- Program cost: There is no cost to attend.
Crop producers and other agricultural professionals can see the latest in strip-till equipment, watch side–by–side field demonstrations by national and regional manufacturers, and learn how to build soil structure for maximum soil productivity. Other highlights include the following:
- Discover how strip tillage can fit into your rotation and individual soil situations.
- Check out proper planter set–up for improved crop emergence and residue management.
- Learn how to manage weed seedbanks and populations.
- Visit with equipment reps about their new products and services. Dawn Equipment, ETS (Soil Warrior), Gates Mfg, Kuhn Krause, Orthman Mfg., Schlagel, Twin Diamond and Yetter will be represented.
Field Day program
|8:30 – 9:00 a.m.||Registration|
|9:00 – 9:15 a.m.||Welcome|
|9:15 – 9:45 a.m.||1||Getting the dirt on different tillage systems
Dr. Aaron Daigh, North Dakota State University, and Jodi DeJong-Hughes, University of Minnesota Extension
|10:00 – 10:30 a.m.||2||Planter Adjustments: Improving crop emergence in heavy residue systems
Craig Kesteloot, Sterling Equipment and Repair, Inc.
|10:45 – 11:15 a.m.||3||Can we enhance weed control with conservation tillage?
Dr. Jared Goplen, and Dave Nicolai, University of Minnesota Extension
|11:30 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.||4||P,K,S, and Zn
Dr. Dan Kaiser
|12:00 – 12:45 p.m.||Lunch|
|12:45 – 2:30 p.m.||Equipment field demonstration
(Dawn Equipment, ETS (Soil Warrior), Gates Mfg, Kuhn Krause, Orthman Mfg., Schlagel, Twin Diamond and Yetter)
Online registration is now closed. If you are interested in attending, please arrive at 8:30 a.m. to register onsite.
Minnesota Corn Growers Association
Minnesota Soybean Research and Promotion Council
North Dakota Corn Council
North Dakota Soybean Council
For more information, contact Jodi DeJong–Hughes (email@example.com).