Soil Health Field Day
2017 Date and location
- Date & time: Wednesday, June 28, 9:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
- Location: West Central Research and Outreach Center (WCROC), 46352 MN–Hwy 329, Morris, MN (map)
- Program cost: There is no cost to attend. Registration is limited to 150 participants, so register soon!
Crop producers and other agricultural professionals can see the latest in soil health, cover crop varieties and management, and relay cropping:
- See how different cover crops affect soil structure and function in a soil pit
- Compare 11 cover crop varieties
- See demonstrations of relay cropping with Camelina and soybean
- Visit with equipment reps about their new products and services
Field Day program
|9:30 – 10:00 a.m.||Welcome and move to stops|
|10:00 – 11:00 a.m.||1||Session 1: When should you sentence cover crop rye to death?
Drs. Dave Franzen and Abbey Wick, North Dakota State University
|Session 2: Cover crop and weed management
Liz Stahl, University of Minnesota Extension
Coordinating cover crops with crop insurance
Gary Luebke, retired, RMA
|11:00 – 11:15 a.m.||Move to next stop|
|11:15 a.m. – 12:15 p.m.||2||Session 3: Cover crop varieties
Dr. Marisol Berti, North Dakota State University
|Session 4: What you don't see can help you
Dr. Caley Gasch, North Dakota State University and Jodi DeJong-Hughes, University of Minnesota Extension
|12:15 – 12:30 p.m.||Move to lunch|
|12:30 – 1:15 p.m.||Lunch|
|1:15 – 1:30 p.m.||Move to next stop|
|1:30 – 2:30 p.m.||3||Session 5: Cashing in on oilseed cover crops
Russ Gesch and Heather Dose, USDA-ARS and Dr. Scott Wells, University of Minnesota Extension
|Session 6: Clean water and sweet nectar: The benefits of cover crops
Drs. Frank Forcella and Matt Thom, USDA-ARS
|2:30 – 3:00 p.m.||Move to demonstration|
|3:00 – 4:00 p.m.||Equipment field demonstration|
Map of grounds for field day
Registration for the Soil Health Field Day is now closed. However, if you would like to be placed on a wait list, please contact Jodi at email@example.com.
University of Minnesota Extension is offering this program in partnership with the West Central Research and Outreach Center and North Dakota State University.
This field day is possible thanks to the generous support from our sponsors:
Minnesota Corn Growers Association
Minnesota Soybean Research & Promotion Council
North Dakota Corn Council
North Dakota Soybean Council
For more information, contact Jodi DeJong–Hughes (firstname.lastname@example.org)