Fundamentals for maximizing economic return on your nitrogen investment while minimizing losses
Pre-registration is not required and there is no fee to attend.
Nitrogen Smart is a training program for producers that presents fundamentals for maximizing economic return on nitrogen investments while minimizing nitrogen losses. The workshops deliver high-quality, research-based education so producers can learn:
- Sources of nitrogen (N) for crops
- How nitrogen is lost from soil and how you can reduce losses
- How to manage nitrogen in drainage systems
- What the new Nutrient Reduction Strategy and Nitrogen Fertilizer Management Plan mean for Minnesota producers
- Practices to refine nitrogen management, including split applications, alternative N fertilizers, soil and tissue testing and N models
Dates and locations
The Nitrogen Smart trainings are presented by University of Minnesota Extension, funded by Minnesota Corn Growers, and hosted by the Minnesota Agriculture Water Resource Center at several locations throughout Minnesota typically during March. Check back for news on the next round of Nitrogen Smart.
For more information on Nitrogen Smart, contact Brad (firstname.lastname@example.org or 507-389-6745).
For additional information on nutrient management from the University of Minnesota, visit z.umn.edu/nutrientmgmt.