Beef home study course 2017
Introduction to cow/calf nutrition
This course is designed to offer an introduction to the principles of nutrition with a focus on application to cow/calf production. Practical strategies for feeding through all phases of cow/calf production are emphasized. Coursework includes opportunities to refine skills through targeted activities for each lesson. A certificate of completion is offered with successful completion of all course activities.
- Principles of nutrition
- Feeds and feeding
- Grazing management
- Wintering cows
- Feeding for breeding
- Pre-weaning nutrition
- The bi-weekly lesson and additional handouts will be posted on the Moodle site by noon on the release date.
- Materials posted will aid in preparation for the quizzes.
- Discussion will be used to further explore certain topics and will allow for learning among peers; to earn a certificate participants must participate in a bi-weekly discussion forum.
- This course is self-paced within lesson, meaning that in order to receive a certificate of completion the follow up quiz for each lesson must be completed within the two weeks allotted for each lesson.
- If a certificate is not wanted, participants are not required to participate in the discussion forum or complete quizzes.
- Although the course is self-paced, participants are encouraged to complete lessons as they are posted in order to participate in the online community.
The registration fee: $75
Course start date: January 11, 2017
Last day to register: January 17, 2017
Contact Nicole Kenney Rambo at firstname.lastname@example.org or 320-235-0726 ext 2009