Citizens' Advisory Committee guiding principles
The Citizens' Advisory Committee is a network of citizens who believe in the mission and values of Extension, who reflect the diversity of Minnesota's communities, who are willing to advise Extension administration at the big picture level, and who are willing to assist with grassroots support-building.
The purpose of this committee is to provide feedback and perspective to Extension administration, by serving as the eyes and ears of Extension's diverse clientele in communities throughout Minnesota; and, to support Extension's public relations and advocacy goals, for greater awareness and access.
- Members will be invited to serve one three-year term
- There will be two statewide meetings yearly. In addition, there may be informal sub-group work, consultation, and phone meetings. These will always be negotiated with respectful consideration of members' time and interests.
- To achieve statewide representation, members will be geographically selected across the state, with additional "at large" seats to recognize underrepresented population bases.
- Members will be selected based on their commitment to:
- The mission, values and vision of Extension
- Giving honest, constructive input for continuous improvement
- Participation in support-building and advocacy for Extension programs
- Extension will provide members with support needed to carry out their roles by:
- Providing clear understanding of what is expected of board members
- Providing orientation for new members and relevant training for all members
- Providing communication and information
- Striving to make the best use of member and organizational resources, devoted to this purpose