- All exam attempts (mail-in and on-line) must be completed by October 31, 2013. The online exam will shut down at midnight on October 31, 2013.
- All registrations for incomplete exams, including second and third attempts will expire on October 31, 2013. A new registration and fee payment will be required on January 1, 2014 to again take the exam.
About the Online Exam:
Click Here for important details you need to know about completing the online exam.
Click Here If you fail the first attempt on your exam for important details on 2nd or 3rd exam attempts.
2013 Private Pesticide Applicator Certification Fee:
- The private pesticide certification exam fee is $50; credit card payment only for the online exam.
- Three attempts are allowed to pass the exam in any calendar year and do not require additional registration fees.
- An individual email account is required to register. Registration information and exam access is relayed to you through the email address you enter when you register.
- Use of Firefox web browser is required. Errors in registration and taking the exam can occur with other browsers. You can download the Firefox web browser at this site: http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/new/
Register for the Exam
Click Here for detailed directions on how to register to take the online exam.
You must use your own email address when registering. DO NOT use someone else's email address who may also have interacted with the University of Minnesota.
After you are registered, go to your email and check to see if you received your registration confirmation emails (4 total). Be sure to check your email's junk or spam mail as well. The exam access link will be in the "You now have access to the 2013 Private Pesticide Safety Education Exam" email.
Private Applicator Study Manual
- The study manual to prepare for and take the exam is the new (as of January 2012) 19th edition Private Pesticide Applicator Safety Education Manual.
- Do not use previous editions of the manual to take the exam as both manual content and the exam have changed.
- The study manual is available online by clicking here.
- Or purchase a printed copy of the manual for $10 at your local Extension Office
For Assistance or Troubleshooting
Click Here to find out how to get help if you run into problems registering or taking or other problems.
Obtaining Your Temporary Certificate
Click Here to find out how, after you pass the exam, to obtain your temporary certificate to purchase Restricted Use Pesticides before receiving your permanent private pesticide certification card from the Minnesota Department of Agriculture.
If you pass the exam, then DO NOT retake the exam again or your private pesticide certification will not go through properly and you will not be certified.
Are You Ready to Begin?
Review all the information on this page before clicking to register and take the exam.
Before registering for the exam, please take your immediate needs into consideration. At this time after registering, access to this exam may take from 2 to 48 hours to become enrolled in the exam application. If this meets your needs, please click on the link below to register for the online exam. Otherwise pick up a mail-in exam from your local extension office.
Click here to Register for the 2013 Private Pesticide Applicator.