Winter Squash and Pumpkins > Seedling > Collapsed seedling
1 of 2
Pythium spp., Rhizoctonia sp., and Fusarium spp.
- Seed may rot in soil
- Leaves & stem appear discolored, water soaked
- Seedling may tip over at soil line
- Cobweb-like or cotton-like fungal growth on seedlings or potting mix
- More information on Damping off...
2 of 2
- Stem and leaf petiole lesions are light to dark brown, water soaked and irregular
- The entire plant may collapse if root and crown rot occurs
- Large irregular brown spots on leaves
- Fruit develop soft, water-soaked lesions which expand to large sections of the fruit
- Infected fruit are soft, easily punctured and often collapse
- Infected fruit are covered with white fungal growth
- More information on Phytophthora Blight...