Snap bean > Leaves > Spots on leaves
1 of 4
Bacterial Brown Spot
Pseudomonas syringae pv. Syringae
- Leaves develop small water-soaked spots that turn brown with a yellow margin
- Leaf spots may fall out giving leaves a "tattered" appearance
- Sunken brown spots can form on the pods
- Pod may appear twisted or bent
- More information on Bacterial Brown Spot...
2 of 4
- Leaves develop water soaked spots more easily seen on underside of leaves
- Leaf spots turn brown, sometimes with a yellow halo
- Pods have water-soaked areas that later turn brown
- More information on Common Blight...
3 of 4
Pseudomonas syringae pv. Phaseolicola
- Underside of leaves have small water-soaked spots, eventually developing into reddish-brown lesions
- Leaf lesions may be surrounded by an irregular greenish-yellow halo
- Pods have small water-soaked spots
- More information on Halo Blight...
4 of 4
Bean Common Mosaic Virus, Bean Yellow Mosaic Virus and others
- Leaves are curled, mottled, and may be yellow
- Plants are stunted
- Pods can be distorted, blotchy with dark and light green, and in severe cases, have bronze blotchy areas
- More information on Viruses ...