Potato > Tuber > White fuzzy growth on tuber
1 of 2
- Powdery white fungal growth can be seen on infected tissue in wet weather
- Irregular sunken, dull brown to purple lesions around the eyes on potato tubers
- Inside of potato tuber has a reddish-brown dry rot
- Large irregular olive to brown leaf spots that are not restricted by leaf veins
- In wet weather, leaves, stems and petioles rapidly turn brown and shrivel
- More prevalent in years of cool and wet weather
- More information on Late Blight...
2 of 2
Fusarium Dry Rot
- In storage, tuber develops a dry decayed cavity often with white fluffy fungal growth or pink to yellow spores inside
- Tuber surface has sunken dark spots, eventually becoming wrinkled in concentric rings
- Plant may not emerge, or may emerge small and weak
- More information on Fusarium Dry Rot...