Pepper > Leaves > Spots/blotches on leaves
1 of 4
Xanthomonas campestris pv. Vesicatoria
- Leaves have round brown spots with a dark edge
- Leaf spots often start and are most severe on the lower leaves
- Fruit has raised corky brown spots
- Difficult to see bacterial streaming
- More information on Bacterial Spot...
2 of 4
- Water soaked to tan bleached spots may form on leaves
- Soft water soaked spots form on fruit
- Fruit wither but remain attached and become coated in white fungal growth
- Entire plant wilts and turns brown
- Dark sunken spots form on stems, all leaves beyond this spot wilt
- Disease spreads very rapidly in cool wet weather
- More information on Phytophthora Blight...
3 of 4
Verticillium albo-atrum, Verticillium dahlia
- A yellow wedge shaped lesion on leaf often with a brown center
- Leaves yellow and wilt, often one side only
- Lower leaves wilt first, eventually whole plant wilts
- In a lengthwise cut of the stem near the soil line, veins are tan, center is green
- Common in cool temperatures 68° to 75° F
- More information on Verticillium Wilt...
4 of 4
Cucumber mosaic virus, potato virus Y, tomato spotted wilt virus and more
- Leaves are mottled with yellow and light green patches
- Leaves may be misshapen; unusually long and thin like a shoestring or curled and deformed
- Fruit may have yellow blotches, mottling or brown rings
- Plants are stunted even when neighboring plants look healthy and tall
- More information on Virus ...