Lettuce & Endive > Leaves > Distorted leaves
1 of 2
Lettuce mosaic virus, Cucumber mosaic virus and others
- Leaves are misshapen, usually curled and deformed
- Leaves have a random patches of yellow and green in a mosaic or mottled pattern
- Plants may be stunted
- More information on Virus...
2 of 2
Aster yellows phytoplasma
- Plants infected when very young are overall yellow, stunted and may have deformed leaves
- Plants infected when older; center leaves are pale yellow and stunted
- Lettuce has a bitter taste
- Drops of tan milky sap may be present at the midrib of the lower leaves
- Symptoms are most severe in July and August
- More information on Aster Yellows...