Garlic > Clove/bulb > Bulb rotten from the base up
1 of 2
Fusarium basal rot
Fusarium oxysporum f.sp. cepae
- Bulb has watery brown decay starting at the base and extending up into the bulb
- Red to purple discoloration may be seen on bulbs early in the season
- A white fuzzy growth can often be seen on the rotted basal plate
- Leaves turn yellow to brown from the tip down and wilt
- More information on Fusarium Basal Rot ...
2 of 2
- Bulb is soft and rotten from the base up
- Roots may be rotten or completely rotted away
- In severely infected plants, leaves may be stunted, yellow from the tip down, and die
- Bulb has white, fluffy fungal growth
- Small, hard, black poppy seed like fungal structures form on infected bulbs
- More information on White Rot ...