Eggplant > Leaves > Holes in leaves
1 of 3
Colorado Potato Beetle
- Both adults and larvae chew holes in leaves
- Can defoliate entire plant
- Larvae are reddish pink with two rows of dark spots on each side, and up to 3/8" long
- Adults are yellowish with black stripes, round, and 3/8" long
- Active throughout the summer
- More information on Colorado Potato Beetle...
2 of 3
- Adult feeding on leaves creates shallow pits and small, irregular holes giving it a "shot hole" appearance
- Heavy feeding may cause wilting
- Adults are small (1/16 to 1/8 inch long), black in color;
- Present throughout the growing season
- More information on Flea Beetle...
3 of 3
Peridroma saucia, Agrotis ipsilon, Fetltia ducens
- Plant is cut off at or just below the soil surface
- Active spring and summer
- Can chew holes in leaves (spring and early summer)
- Cutworms are grayish or brownish and up to 2 inches long; typically found during day hiding in soil
- Damage occurs during spring and summer
- More information on Cutworms...