Cucumber > Seedling >Poor or no emergence
1 of 3
Pythium spp., Rhizoctonia sp., and Fusarium spp.
- Seed may rot in soil
- Leaves & stem appear discolored, water soaked
- Seedling may tip over at soil line
- Cobweb-like or cotton-like fungal growth on seedlings or potting mix
- More information on Damping off...
2 of 3
- Weather has been cold (below 50°F) and wet
- Soil is cold (below 62°F) and damp to the touch
- Leaf edges turn olive green to brown
- In severe cases entire leaves, young shoots or the entire plant may be completely discolored and wilted
3 of 3
Seed Corn Maggot
- Maggots feed on developing seed and can completely destroy the seed, or damage the cotyledons and first true leaves
- Maggots are yellowish-white, about ¼ inch in length, and legless
- More common in cooler weather
- Seed corn maggot should not attack plantings made after June 1st
- More information on Seed Corn Maggot...